Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another Goal Met!!

I set out this morning in New Orleans, Louisiana to meet a goal I had set for myself. Run in five states this year. As I was lacing up my shoes I realized that I already had run in five states. I had completely forgotten that I had run in Houston Texas back in January. Ok, it wasn't on the road but in the gym. But I was still IN Texas, so it totally counts in my book.

Here are some pictures from along the way, in the order that I accomplished the states. 
Florida (my pre-Sweat Pink days) but my trail shoes came with pink laces.


My view in Houston, Texas the morning of my run. (pre-Sweat Pink)


Emporia, Virginia
Lyons, Kansas

Chattanooga, Tennessee

New Orleans, Louisiana. That's Bourbon Street under my feet!
And in case you haven't noticed. I'm totally patting myself on the back. 

Set some life goals. Exercise related or not, and accomplish them. It will make you feel good.

God Bless.



6 comments:

  1. I have gone running on Bourbon Street and in Houston this last year. Very cool! I liked NOLA- it is very distinct to say the least. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job accomplishing that goal! I love the feet shots in each state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I just need to remember to do them on all my next states. And go back to my home state (CA), collect a pic there and one in PA where I have already conquered both.

      Delete
  3. My next bucket list marathon is NoLa. Never been to New Orleans and think it be so cool to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never been to NOLA before this weekend. My husband I and I were given an awesome gift from friends at church for our anniversary. They paid for us to stay two nights on Bourbon St at a really swanky a hotel. I know it's sounds crazy "send a priest and his wife to New Orleans for their anniversary," but we had a great time. And I got to add another state to my list.

      Delete