Sunday, September 23, 2012

TWIW (This Week In Workouts)

So let's talk about this past week. Last Sunday was a rest day for me, as it always is. Monday morning I ran 3.5 miles with my lovely husband. My husband who dreads running so it greatly pleases me when he runs with me. I enjoy it so much. Tuesday I ran 6 miles in just barely under an hour. This was the first solo six miler I have ever completed. I am used to running my girls in FL but since we moved I still have to get my training in and the run went better than I thought it would. Wednesday was a rest day. Thursday was my long run of the week since I would be racing a 5k on Saturday. My long run was seven miles. In that seven miles I really learned how small my new town is. I had to do loops and laps to complete seven. I need to start asking around about were is and isn't safe to run in the morning. Friday was an intentional rest day just because I would be racing the next morning. Saturday, my big day for the week, I competed the in Greensville-Emporia Peanut Festival 5k/10k. I won't brag too much since I already did that here. But I will say that I PRed and came home with a trophy. I would say it was a good week. How was yours?

God Bless.

2 comments: