- 29 years ago today, I was born in Stockton California.
- 27 years ago, my parents bought a house in Linden California, just after my birthday.
- 14 years ago today, I ran my first two mile cross country race for Linden High School.
- 11 years ago today, I celebrated my first birthday as a college student without my family and long time friends. It was such a weird bittersweet day.
- 9 years ago today, I celebrated my first birthday while in a relationship with my future husband.
- 8 years ago today, my husband and I hit the town in State College Pennsylvania to celebrate my 21st birthday. This was my first married birthday.
- 7 years ago today, I was a bridesmaid for my fried Tabetha. My dad called while I was in the middle of getting ready. He sang to my voicemail, I wished I had saved it. He sang "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Anna, OK I'm done! Love you. Bye."
- 5 years ago today, I said goodbye to my childhood dog, Missy. I celebrated my birthday with a dinner at Bud's seafood. My mom and Aunt (my hubs had an evening high school football practice that he couldn't get out of) took me out and I had my fave Bud's Beef Salad, yum! I was also waiting the birthday of my daughter the next month.
- 4 years ago today, I struggled through my birthday. I hated that my cousin Rachel had almost been gone a year. I never imagined my birthday would be so hard without her. But I loved celebrating the day with my almost one year old daughter. And my husband tried his hardest to throw me a surprise birthday party. I didn't snoop but at the last minute he just couldn't keep the secret anymore.
- Two years ago today, I celebrated my birthday in Pensacola Florida (where we were living at the time). We went to Bonefish Grill with our dear friends Meg and Charles of Meg Baisden Photography. Meg and Charles, come to VA so we can do Bonefish again up here!
- Last year my husband gave his first sermon at our new church in Virginia.
- This year, my husband grilled for me and the Lankfords last night. We had an awesome dinner and ice cream to follow. I gifted myself some new Oiselle running gear with the money my grandparents sent me. I had to get some new Oiselle gear, I'm a team runner now :)
- Who knows what next year God will bless me with.
I just realized that as a now 29 year old I have celebrated my birthday while living in four different states. Crazy.
I thank the Lord for the ups, the downs, the many blessings and friends He has given me along the way.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment