Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Cake. Yes Another.

So a lot of my posts lately have been cake related. Sorry for those of you who only read my blog for my running and exercise related stuff. I'm working a series of running related posts soon. But  this post is yet another cake. 

I was asked to make an "elegant cake covered in fondant with flowers" for a 40th birthday party. This is what I came up with.
Finished product.
It was a nine inch marble cake with dark chocolate filling covered in fondant, decorated with gum paste roses and leaves with a fondant and edible pearl trim. Oh and it also had edible lustre dust on it for a little extra sparkle. Here is a close up of the roses and leaves I made.

One of my favorite tedious tasks, making gum paste roses.
So what do you think? Did I hit the mark of an elegant cake?

Check back soon for a new running related post. I hope to have the first one up on Wednesday. But it will be a busy week. I have yet another cake today (Yay! Business is picking up!) and it's Holy Week. And since my husband is a Priest that makes our house will be crazy busy.

Have a great and blessed Holy Week. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment