This weekend I ran the Roanoke Canal 8k. Some how I managed NOT to take any pictures. Shame on me. But the good news to report is I placed 3rd overall female. YAY for me! My official time was 42:17, which averages to a pace of 8:29. I walked away from the race with a pretty cool pint glass as an award. I'm mentioned in the Roanoke Rapids newspaper, and I'm supposed to be pictured but so far not yet. Ok, since I don't have any pictures I will move on the to the cake. I have a picture of it :)
 |
| Smash Cake! |
I had the pleasure of making a smash cake for a very sweet little one year old boy this weekend. He is the younger brother of my daughter's friend. It's so fun to watch a little one tear into cake and especially for me when I made it. It just makes me so happy.
I'm also quite happy to report that as of this weekend, I am officially a Rockstar runner for Team in Training. What does that mean? It means that I have raised $1000 over the minimum for my race. I'm sitting at $3000.75. I know, it doesn't say that on my sidebar. That is because checks are still being processed but I am pretty stoked by this accomplishment.
How was your weekend? Anything fun or exciting?
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment