Thursday, June 6, 2013

National Running Day (Yesterday!) + a Giveaway

Yesterday was National Running Day and while I ran, I of course, forgot to blog about it. I participated in the 2013 Virginia Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics. Torch Runs are run all across the country as a fundraiser for the Special Olympics. Our small town was one of the towns that the torch came to and so there was a run. There were approximately 100 runners and yet I was the ONLY one not wearing the Torch Run shirt. No one told me that I was supposed to wear the red shirt they gave us! Oh well, I was the one in the blue shirt :)


My pre-run pic.

As you can see, I am not in this picture!
Not only was I not told to wear my red shirt, I was not told when the picture was taken so I am not in it. Oh well, I had fun and that is all that matters. The run ended up being 3.3 miles and I ran most of it with a correctional officer who I had met at a previous race.

And now, on to the giveaway. As you may have read before I am an Esprit de She Cary Blog Ambassador. Esprit de She has graciously offered one of my readers an Esprit de She prize pack that includes a shirt. I have seen the shirt and I want it. Enter the giveaway below using rafflecopter.

I'm so excited to run Esprit de She at the end of this month. I will be running the 10K. This will be my first ever women's only race. Esprit de She is a 5K or 10K followed by post race rendez-vous complete with a bubbly bar, tasty tapas and a community market. And Esprit de She is partnered with some awesome charities like Girls on the Run. Check the race series out and see if there is one near you.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Did you run yesterday on National Running Day?

God Bless.

15 comments:

  1. My favourite distance is definitely the half marathon. I'm not sure why - I think it might be because of the medal at the end, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running 1/2's, but a marathon is a true challenge, so it's hard to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy halfs but there is no full in my future. I just don't have any desire. Go you though!

      Delete
  3. Well as you know I'm just hoping to make it to a 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The easiest to train for is a half, but my favorite distance is a 50K or longer. Longer races even out the playing field for me. I like the suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No events in my area, but I would love to do one of their cycling events

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing my first 5K in 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy 10k's. not too short, not too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 10Ks are my fave race. But I do enjoy halfs.

      Delete
  8. I love a 5k because I have it under 27minutes, so im now working on loving an 8k

    ReplyDelete