Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Catching up and Goals.

Once again I'm seriously behind on my blog. Let me catch everyone (well, if anyone reads this!) up to speed. We moved to Destin FL and I got a job! I'm so excited to tell you about my job too. My job is a sales associate at Run With It in Fort Walton Beach. Yup, I got a running related job. And it was a total God thing too. I had just come from a preschool job interview, I knew that I was going to get offered the job but I didn't want it. The center is not where I wanted to work but I needed a job. I stopped at Run With It on my way home to pick up some Nuun and walked out with Nuun and a job. It was such a huge blessing. Things are looking up for this year. I can already feel it.

Last year most of my goals were not met. But that will not stop me from making goals for this year. I do better when I have actual written goals.

Running/Exercise Related Goals:
  • Run 500 Miles. I pulled back my miles goal for the year because I'm still trying to get back into the non-injured routine again.
  • Run at least 4 times a week.
  • Run at least one half marathon. I was originally hoping for two but I just don't know if that will happen. I will be thrilled if it does though.
  • Run the Sunset Stampeded in Navarre Beach FL.
Non-Running Related Goals
  • Read through the Bible in a year. My wonderful husband found me a great app for my phone to read my Bible in a year. Here is the web version.
  • Read 52+ books. I have been doing this one for the last three years. It's one of my favorite pastimes besides baking.
I raced my first race of the 2014 season this past weekend. I raced the Lucky Leprechaun 5k in Fort Walton. I even had the pleasure of doing it with two Oiselle ambassadors. I ran most of the 5k with Jo-Ana while Atha raced the 10k.

It's gonna be a great year. I can feel it!

God Bless.

1 comment: