Thursday, February 28, 2013

Minnie Mouse Cakes

I just realized I forgot to post a picture of my most recent cake adventure. Here it is:
Minnie Mouse Love :)
This cake was made for a friend's daughter. She was celebrating her third birthday. It was a nine inch and six inch chocolate chip cake with buttercream filling and frosting and also fondant accents. Now that I have completed this cake I have officially had the pleasure of making two Minnie Mouse cakes. My first was oddly enough, for my daughter's third birthday. It must be a three year old girl thing. Here is her cake:

My original Minnie Mouse creation.
My daughter's cake was a nine inch square cake and a six inch ball cake. The square cake was cherry cake with chocolate filling and the ball cake was chocolate cake. Both cakes were covered in fondant and had fondant decorations.

I love making cakes. I have an upcoming 1st birthday smash cake to make and then my calendar is wide open. I wish I could get more cakes lined up. I really enjoy it. And I hope someday that I will get to do a wedding cake. It's a dream of mine. Besides God, my family and running, baking is my biggest passion.

I hope your February was great. March starts tomorrow! Have a rest of the great week. God Bless.

2 comments: