So I'm still reading Cami Ostman's Second Wind. I have like 11% left according to my Kindle. It will get finished tonight! But I'm enjoying it more now. I noticed that I do kind of skim when she talks about her inner being where I would normally think of Christ. I make my choices just like her, so she talks about it and I skim it :)
But in this book Cami sets out and achieves her goal of running a marathon on each of the seven continents. I was asked this week in Running and Reading Long to summarize something that I saw Cami learned from each continent. But, I decided I just wanted to go with the most common theme that I picked up over the whole book. And that was PERSEVERANCE. Cami got physically sick before one race and still race, started her menstrual cycle during another and even had a trip rescheduled multiple times for another race. But she stuck it out and completed her goal. If that isn't awesome I don't know what is. For that I give her big props.
My training this week has been good. I have run a little more than was planned for the week but that's ok. And my long run will be with a good friend on Saturday morning. It's a route I have never run before but I have heard that its a good loop, so I am looking forward to it.
I can now officially say that I have picked out my goal race for this year. My goal distance is a half marathon and it has been chosen. I will be running the American Family Fitness Half Marathon in Richmond VA in November. My husband just a new job in VA and we will be moving shortly. So I picked my race according to where we would be going. And I am also pleased to announce that I will finally get to run the Color Run. I have been dying to run the Color Run but it hasn't worked out for where we are living. Well, there is one in Richmond the week of my 28th birthday. I'm already registered alongside my husband and a friend. I'm so excited for both races. I can't wait!
Happy Miles.
God Bless.
I agree! Perserverance really is an overarching theme from Second Wind. Congrats on your move and race goals! They sound really amazing!
ReplyDeleteYes she definitely perseveres! She drive is inspiring, even though like you, I rely more on Christ than my inner self. That is one that that troubled me about the book and I hoped that she'd find her faith again (I haven't finished it yet so maybe she does).
ReplyDeleteI hate to ruin it, but don't get your hopes up.
DeleteRunning more than planned isn't a bad thing at all! :) Hope your long run went well!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand your perspective and love your attitude about it. I struggled with it too, but then realized that how she felt about larger spirituality was how I felt (and even developed) the faith I have.
ReplyDeleteGreat run!