Friday, August 3, 2012

Playdough fun

My three year old loves playdough. But I hate buying it. I can't stand it when colors get mixed or when it starts to dry out. So today we made our own edible dough. I found the recipe here. We used dough recipe #1 because it required the fewest ingredients. 

Peanut Butter, Honey and Powdered Sugar.
And it was super easy to mix.

Yes, that's my little one holding the bowl.

I did find though that with humid FL it needed a little extra powdered sugar. But it came out great. 

And it tasted yummy!
I caught my daughter with a huge ball of it in her mouth. Well not huge, but a good tablespoon or so. It was a great treat. And I even turned it into a lesson. We used it to practice letter writing. 

Can you tell that's a Q?
I would totally make this recipe again. It was a fun morning experience for us. Have a great day.

God Bless.




1 comment:

  1. I've made play dough several times, but not with that recipe! My recipe involves flour, salt, and oil. Yours sounds easier and it looks so smooth! I'm definitely going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete