Last week for Running and Reading Long I screwed up and didn't post. My bad, totally my fault. We were supposed to post about Once A Runner by John L. Parker Jr. Well to be totally honest, I still haven't finished it. I'm struggling with this one. I haven't given up. I will finish it, hopefully this weekend. And then next week I will post my thoughts about it.
This week for Running and Reading Long we come to our last week of the group. Sad. I have really enjoyed this group. I have gotten into some great reads and met some friends via the internet. It's been great.
I think my favorite book for the group was Matt Long's The Long Run. I just found it so encouraging and inspiring. I think it helps me remember that I need to try and push through all that life hands me. And I think my least favorite book (I will not judge Once a Runner since I'm not done) was Cami Ostman's Second Wind. It just wasn't my kind of book. I like reading about her running accomplishments but the rest of the book was too inner-healing for me. I'm a Christian and so I rely on God not myself.
My goal for this group was the half marathon training plan. I didn't follow the plan, it was too humid here in Pensacola and my half isn't until the fall so my real goal was just to stay in shape and add to my miles. I have done that and I am registered for my half in November. My real half marathon training will officially begin a week from Sunday. Though tomorrow I will be doing an 11 mile training run, which will be my longest run ever. So it's a good test for my training.
I think Running and Reading Long helped me set goals and realize that I can attain them. Some of that was due to the reads and some of it was due to the others in the group. It was really a great group. If I could budget for the books I would totally do it again.
As the group ends and my training continues here are my goals for the rest of the year:
- Start Half Marathon Training
- Run in Ohio (visiting the in laws)
- Run in Alabama before we move
- Run the Color Run---September
- Run a Half Marathon---November
Thanks Laura for the group! I truly enjoyed it. And sorry I couldn't twitchat every week. Maybe next time.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment