Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Esprit de She Cary 10K Recap

Let me just start off by saying that you should not fall down the bottom half of your stairs if you plan to run a 10k in the evening. Judging by that statement how do you think my race went?

This past Thursday I ran the:

in Cary NC. I had the option to run the 5k or the 10k.
I love customizable race bibs! Even though I always just put my name.
 I choose the 10k but mid race I was kicking myself for not using my friend Whitney's bib since she couldn't join us. It was a tough hilly, hot course. It was a well laid out course but I am not a fan of courses that require you to do two loops when you are doing the 10k.
Pre-race, in the parking lot.
The race was one of the hardest 10ks I have ever run. It was hot, nasty and my back was killing me. I probably shouldn't have run at all but I felt like I need to since I was an ambassador. I have nothing but high praises about how the race was set up I just wasn't healthy.
"Power to the She" (Check out my new shoes from Kind Runner!)
 The race offered some really fun amenities. Like a pre-race backdrop to take pictures at. Post race mini-massages, manicures and a "bubbly" bar post race. The post race bubbly bar included beer, wine and champagne.
Ansley and I just before the race.

Do you see me? Blue Nike shirt, Black Oiselle shorts and Orange Brooks hat.
I love the beginning of the race, but not the annoying part of passing all the really people who think they are fast walkers. If you are going to walk from the start, get in the back! I don't care if it's chip timed or not, have some courtesy. Ok, sorry for the little rant there.

Ansley ran the 5k so she was waiting at the finish for me when I got there. She snapped this picture for me.
So happy to be at the finish!
Not my best photo finish but definitely not my worst! I didn't beat my Personal Record, but at least I did it and I finished.

I love that I got to be a race ambassador for the Esprit de She Cary 10k. Maybe I can do it again next year, but hopefully I won't fall down the stairs the morning of.



God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment