Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blackwater 10 mile Trail Challenge

Well I did it. I completed the Blackwater 10 mile Trail Challenge. My longest race or run ever. I had two main goals that I wanted to meet for this race. One, was to complete the entire race running, which I did. And the second was to stay on my feet, in otherwise I didn't want to eat dirt, and I managed that one as well. But only by the grace of God and Tina and Dawn yelling out in front where things were since we were on a single track trail. I also wanted to have some fun and I totally managed that. Plus, I made it through my longest race without getting sick to my stomach. Since I changed mid-run snacks I felt so much better. It was a great race and a great experience. And another race checked off my running bucket list.


Oh, I guess I could share my time! I ran it in 2 hrs 7 mins and 38 secs.


Here are some pics I took along the way to document.

Race Shirt, free water bottle and bib.

Race Essentials. Adidas Trail Shoes, Amphipod Belt, Amphipod Waterbottle,  Quench gum, Body Glide and PowerBar gels (not pictured).

Race Day attire. Oiselle bum wrap, Newton socks, Nike Phat Girlz Singlet, Nike Hat and Moving Comfort Vixen Sports Bra.

Close up of my Phat Girlz jersey and bib.

My pre-race layout. Near the bathroom so I disturbed my sleeping husband as little as possible.

I don't have my Sweat Pink laces yet, but my trail shoes have pink laces that came in  them.

Pre-Race Picture :)

Almost to the finish line. With two of my running buddies. We ran the whole race together. Thanks Marla for the picture!

Just getting ready to cross the line. Woo hoo Ten Miles complete! Thank again Marla for the picture.
Awesome day. Now some time with my family.

God Bless!





3 comments: