Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mid-Run Snack Attack

I've come to realize that the mid-run snack I like doesn't like my stomach any more. For what reason? Who knows. I usually only snack if its a run longer than six miles.


So today, I tested out a new one. It was Stinger Vanilla Waffle. I didn't, thankfully have any stomach issues. And I will add that it was quite tasty. Tomorrow I have different snack to try and it's also Stinger brand.


So my question is, What is your favorite mid workout snack? Brand? Flavor? And what is your criteria for using a snack?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the waffles but I think they are hard to eat while running. I usually do well with the Hammer stuff mid run that doesn't have caffeine in it. I like their apple cinnamon, huckleberry, vanilla, orange and raspberry gels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see how the waffle would be hard to eat mid-run. I tried it just before I left since it was a short run. It's a taper week so I'm low mileage. I'll have to try the Hammer gels, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I also love Hammer gels!! They are the best gels out there I think, the texture isn't too much or too grainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat cliff mini's and Sports Beans (with caffein) - I need a combination of the two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Honey Stinger fruit-snack-looking things are good! I haven't had anything to eat on a run, but I have taste-tested them and they're great!

    ReplyDelete