So this Memorial Day weekend we spent in my husband's hometown in Kansas. Boy was it interesting. We were there for a memorial service for his Aunt who passed away in December and because of that it was also a family reunion.
I had the goal to run at some point while we in Kansas. I ran Saturday morning, just before I high wind advisory was issued. I ran into a South headwind for almost half of the run. But I managed to bust out 4 miles in 40 mins. I have a goal this year to run in five states, so this makes number 3 for the year. I have crossed out Florida, Virginia and now Kansas.
We also had the pleasure of meeting up with my bro (my fave Airman!!), his wife and family at Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater OK. My husband is Oklahoma State Alumnus so it was fun for him to be able walk around campus with his parents (my father-in-law is also a graduate from OSU), our daughter and my bro's family.
All in all it was a pretty darn good weekend. I got to meet some of my husband's family whom I've never meet, got to catch up with those Millers that I know, got to see my bro and his family, and I got to run.
I'm beat.
God Bless.
Glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to run in new areas! I'm glad you got to hang w/ the fam.
ReplyDelete