Part of the program requires me to pick a training plan. I have chose the half marathon plan because that's my ultimate goal right now. I'm not following the training plan exactly as it is written. I have altered a little to accommodate Sundays off for me. Plus, I'm already pretty close to being able to run a half so I run a little more than what it plans for. But my longs are the as written. Today was a rough run for me. I don't know if it was too humid or if I didn't hydrate well enough last night but it just wasn't good. It's done and over with and that I feel good about.
I don't have a race picked out at the end like some of fellow Running and Reading Long participants do, but I know it will happen in the fall. I just need my calendar to clear up.
This week we have also started Running for Women by Kara Goucher. I'm not far into but I will be later this week while do some traveling. I'll let you know more on a later post.
We will be doing twitchats as a group on Thursdays at 7pm MST if you would like to participate. You can check them out @runreadlong with the hashtag #runreadlong.
Happy Running and Reading my friends.
God Bless.
![]() |
| http://runningandreadinglong.com/category/join-runreadlong/ |

Can't wait to do this program! I haven't chosen a training plan OR a race yet. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am about half way through the book now, and I am LOVING it! So full of great tips!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're enjoying the book and that you are amending the training plan so it works for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm starting the book tonight. I'm hoping to get some Mother's day time to myself to read a bit more! A half marathon is a great goal! I don't think I would have even considered this without this course and group. I really am looking forward to staying focused with you.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Mother's day!
I'm excited to hear how your training goes! I'm also excited to get to know you!
ReplyDelete