Thursday, July 19, 2012

Running and Reading Long Week 10

So this week of Running and Reading Long we are still discussing Matt Long's The Long Run. I still have nothing but positive comments about this book. I have already recommended it to two friends. It's a great read whether you are a runner or not. I don't know that I have read a more inspirational book than this one. This week we were asked to write a future letter to ourselves that might help us if/when we become an injured runner. 


Here is mine:
Dear Anna, 


This is not the end of the world. Even if you never run again you can still have a fruitful life. Running is important but it's not everything. You just have to keep your goals in sight, stay focused on the recovery and keep your head up. You are always a positive person, now is not the time to change that. And always remember to rely on God. He never puts more in your life than you can handle.


Sincerely


ANNA


I'm thankful that's it been quite I while since I was truly sidelined from running. I'm happily adding up the miles and making strides to my yearly mileage goal. I set my goal this year at 750 miles. Did you set a goal this year? And if so, what is it?


Ok, so as you may or may not have picked up from previous posts, I was supposed to be doing the half marathon training track. Well due to the nasty weather humidity that is in FL I have slightly lowered my miles. But I have registered for my very first half marathon and will officially start my training for it the week of 8/19. And somehow it seems as though some of my friends are trying to convince me to run a full marathon in February. It's still up for debate but we will see :)


How do you stay positive when you are injured?


Happy Running. 


God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for cutting back w/ the humidity!! I can't even imagine running in that for so many months. You can come back and brag about your weather in the winter when I'm running in snowy, sub-zero temps. ;)

    ReplyDelete