Nike Women's Half in DC
For the longest time I have wanted to run the Nike Women's Half in San Francisco. But I don't live in CA anymore so that's not the easiest race to run. But I just found out that there is going to be one in DC this April. This will be the very first time the race is held in DC and I've signed up to run it with Team In Training. DC is just three hours from our home in VA so I'm stoked to find out about this race.
Please help me reach my goal for Team In Training. You can donate to my page here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/nikewhlf13/amiller7905
I've never run a race before where I had to fund-raise Have you? I have participated in the Alzheimer's walk and I raised money for it, but this will be the first time I have a goal to reach. I have heard Team In Training is an awesome experience. I hope it is for me.
God Bless.
I signed on with TNT this year to run the Nike in San Fran. I am two more weeks away and very excited!
ReplyDeleteFundraising was easier then I thought it would be. Besides the letters, which is where most of my donations came from, I held a virtual race and had a small fundraiser with some friends.
Training with a team is cool too!
I think you wil enjoy the experience and the race is sure to be awesome! Good luck to you!
I hope you rock SF! I'm a Cali native so I've always wanted to do that race but I just can't see flying out there and leaving my family here just so I can go race.
ReplyDeleteDo they send you a letter idea so you can send out? And how did you hold a virtual race? Did you give out prizes? That sounds neat. My only drawback to the Team In Training is that I am doing it all via internet because there isn't a group here unless I want to drive over an hour.
Go get em at SF!