Sunday, September 30, 2012

TWIW

Here is my short and sweet summary of this week in training (TWIW). This past week marks the end of week 6 of my half marathon training.

Sunday- Rest
Monday-Rest
Tuesday-3 miles
Wednesday-Rest
Thursday-6 miles
Friday-Rest
Saturday-6 miles in the rain! 

I learned yesterday that six miles in the rain in VA is different than six miles in the rain in FL. The rain makes it cold here, I was totally shocked by that. I needed a warm shower after my run. FL had made want a cold shower after a run, even if it had been raining.

This week, actually yesterday, I also signed up to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC in April with Team in Training. I'm stoked. Want to help me reach my goal? You can here. I can't wait to run that race and work with Team In Training. I've heard its an amazing experience.

How was your week? I hope this week is a great one for you!

God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Cheers to another awesome week! Good for you for running in the rain! I will have to check out the Nike Women's Half...sounds interesting! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend tell me about it just recently and that's why I jumped on the chance to run it with T-N-T because it's usually a lottery entry.

      Delete
  2. congrats on signing up for the Nike women's half-- your training looks like it's coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm excited and scared about my first half that is coming up but my training has gone well. And the Nike Women's Half with TNT is even more exciting to me.

      Delete