Friday, September 21, 2012

The Color Run Richmond


Ever since I heard somewhere about The Color Run I have been dying to do one. I even included it on my running bucket list. When we found out we were moving to Virginia I started looking at my race opportunities. First and foremost was a half marathon since that is my goal race for the year. Well I found that and registered. I will be running The American Family Fitness Half Marathon in Richmond VA. (In less than 50 days!) Then I looked up The Color Run and much to my delight I found one and it was a mere 6 days after my birthday. So I politely asked my husband (who dreads running) if he would run it with my to celebrate my birthday. It was such an amazing experience.

In case you have never heard the The Color Run, click on the link above, it's the Happiest 5k on the planet. All runners must wear a white shirt and at every kilometer mark they throw colored powder on you. Don't worry it won't hurt you, it's just colored cornstarch. I even got some in my eye and I can say that it was just like the normal, "I have a bug in my eye" annoying feeling. Then after the run they have a color party where you open your color packet and toss it around so you get colored by everyone around you.

Yes, I bought these super cool socks at packet pickup!

Here we are clean and white pre-race.
This is the first race I have ever toed the line. Meaning, I stood on the start line and was one of the first women to cross it. We got there super early because we wanted to be in the first wave of people. There were 8000 other runners. And when we were leaving the race and after party the last group was just barely starting.

My time, my post-mother hood PR. Only behind my lifetime PR by 18 seconds. The Color Run is not a timed event so I made sure to time it myself.

Post race colorfulness! :)

My racing shoes with my Fit Approach Sweat Pink laces. 
I can officially say that The Color Run was one of the coolest races I have ever done. I didn't get as colorful as I thought because it was really windy but they make sure you get lots of color at the after party. It was such a fun environment and very runner and walker friendly. And I got to check another race off my Running Bucket List.

What is the coolest race you have run? What races are you looking forward to?

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment