How awesome is it that I have lived in VA a whole 15 days and I can say that I have already run two races?! I ran The Color Run last weekend and today The Virginia Peanut Festival 5k. Today's small town race was sponsored by the YMCA, where it also started and finished.
 |
| Race shirt. |
For it being a small town race I was pleasantly surprised by the nice shirt at packet pick up last night. Good color and even tech fabric.
 |
| My "Flat Mama" aka my race attire. |
This was the first race that I was able to sport my Sweat Pink Ambassador Race Pink Shirt. I also wore my Moving Comfort Vixen Sports Bra, Phat Girlz Sweaty Band, Soleus GPS 2.0, Oiselle Distance Shorts, Fox River Socks, RoadId, my Brooks Ravenna 3 shoes and of course my Fit Approach Sweat Pink laces.
 |
| Proudly holding my award :) |
Last week I came very close to beating my lifetime PR. A PR that I set way back my senior year of high school at my very last cross country meet. So I was on a mission to beat it today. And I can proudly say that I did. My old PR was 26:28 and today I crossed the line with an official time of 25:25. AND not only did a break my PR but I was the second place overall female runner in the 5k. The first place female runner was only 20 seconds ahead of me but I just couldn't catch her. She got a slightly larger trophy and a gift certificate for RoadID. And I'm quite happy that she got the RoadID gift certificate because she doesn't have one and I do. Plus she was really nice and we talked about running together next week.
I had an awesome race weekend. Now it's off to enjoy the Peanut Festival festivities. How was your weekend? Did you Sweat Pink? Do you have a RoadId? If not, you really should look into getting on. I feel much safer knowing that someone could reach my husband if something happened to me.
God Bless.
CONGTAYS! Well done! I LOVE the outfit- too cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Deletehaha--oops - sorry for those typos...I meant CONGRATS! :)
ReplyDeleteEh, it happens ;) I knew what you meant.
Delete