Ok, it's 17 days until the Nike Women's Half in DC. I'm so excited but I'm also getting ready to just be there all ready. I'm excited and nervous but also a little tired of following a training plan. Don't get me wrong, I love to run, but I feel I have been training for this race forever!
I have my last long run this Saturday. 13 miles is the plan, and that will go down as my longest training run ever. I have run a half marathon but the last time I trained for it my longest training run was 11 miles. I'm excited and scared to run the 13 on Saturday. I'm hoping and praying my allergies clear up some. I'm also actively working on hydrating earlier in the week. I let myself slack at the end of the last week so last weekend's 12 miler was terrible.
Anyone have any advice? Any other runners deal with over training?
Have a great week. God Bless.
No advice, but lots of good thoughts and well-wishes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the support Whitney! I appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteI get tired of following a training plan too - lol! But I am sure you will rock the race. Working of hydrating days before the race is such a good idea. I slack on that too often.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear I am not the only who gets tired of a training plan. And I sure hope I rock the race! :)
DeleteHere is my hydrating tip for you. Find the biggest cup you can find (in my house it is 22oz) try to drink one before lunch, one at lunch and one sometime in the afternoon.
Happy Training!