Pre-Run:
- Accel Gel, if long run I am prepping for a long run this is my go to product. I have a really sensitive stomach so I can't have real food in my tummy. **Check out the giveaway**
- Honey Stinger Waffles, I like to use these as "breakfast" on race days. I really can't have much in my stomach but this gives me something besides gel.
- Water
Mid-Run:
- Accel Gel, ok so depending on the race I not only use Accel Gel before races but I also use it for mid-race. With my first half marathon I used on at mile 4 and then again at mile 8. I am working on spacing that out farther though. Last week when I ran 12 miles I only used one at mile 6. I think this weekend when I run 13 I will try to use one at about mile 6 again, but we will see. My flavor preference is key lime.
- Water, of course, this is kind of a given. I carry it in my amphipod handheld.
- Honey Stinger Chews, when I need some variety in my training runs I pick up some of these bad boys. I love the flavor and texture. I haven't used them yet for a race but I have trained with them multiple times. I like the orange flavor.
- Nuun Active Hydration, this is one of the best ways I keep hydrated. It gives my water an added extra umph. I love it. And so far, I haven't really found a flavor I don't like. I have not tried tri-berry or strawberry lemonade though as I am allergic to strawberry.
Post-Run/Recovery
- Endurox, my husband got me to try this recovery drink. It's easy to make, you just mix two scoops with cool water, shake or stir then chug away. We like the fruit punch flavor when mixing it with water. We have also bought the vanilla to use it in a protein shake.
- Nuun Active Hydration, this go to after I do any kind of workout to help rehydrate. It takes great, is easy to make and I just enjoy it. I can't say enough good things about Nuun.
- Water, again it's a given. Need I say more?
- Chocolate Milk, they say that chocolate milk is the perfect mix between sugar, carbs and protein for a post workout recovery drink. I just like the excuse to drink chocolate milk.
So what do you prefer for nutrition while you run?
Ok, now do you want a chance to win some of my favorite pre and mid run fuel? You can with rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on Friday April 5th. Winner will be announced on my blog and emailed. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 24 hours a new one will be chosen.
Have a great week. God Bless.
Have a great week. God Bless.
I'd like to try the Strawberry Kiwi!
ReplyDeleteThat's the only flavor I have not tried. I'm allergic to strawberries.
DeleteI use jelly beans or gels
ReplyDeleteDo you have a certian brand you like? I have a friend who loves Jelly Belly's sport beans but I have never tried them.
DeleteTotally Strawberry kiwi... sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it though?! I haven't tried it though since I'm allergic to strawberry. I don't want to chance it.
DeleteAw man, that would be horrible to be allergic to strawberry! How do you survive?!
DeleteIt's hard. I haven't been allergic all my life so I know the glories of strawberries. I developed the allergy during puberty and it's gotten worse the more I expose myself. So now I stay away from anything that has strawberry in it, real or artificial.
DeleteOh wow that's even more difficult!!
DeleteI'd like to try the Vanilla :) Always looking for new gel options.
ReplyDeleteThe Vanilla is yummy, in my opinion.
DeleteStrawberry kiwi sounds awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI think so too!
DeleteChocolate is always my go to flavor
ReplyDeleteThe chocolate is good!
DeleteHS Waffles and Nuun are on my top 5 list of favorite running things. They're both part of today's blog post :)
ReplyDeleteI would try chocolate first!
I love the waffles and Nuun!! And the chocolate Accel gel.
DeleteLove the vanilla!
ReplyDeleteIt's good!
DeleteI would like to try the vanilla!
ReplyDeleteI like it. :)
DeleteI'd like to try the Strawberry Kiwi!
ReplyDeleteStrawberry Kiwi seems to be a popular answer.
DeleteI would love to try the Vanilla Accel Gel!
ReplyDeleteIt like it.
DeleteMmm, chocolate sounds good. I love Honey Stinger's products, too, especially the chews!
ReplyDelete