Monday, April 1, 2013

Favorite Things Round Two

Happy April Fools Day!

Here is my favorite things the accessory list, no fooling ;). Again, I have broken it down by weather. If you want to see the clothing list you can here

Cold Weather:
  • Oiselle Arm Warmers, one of the best purchases I ever made! They are great for that "I don't know" weather. I can wear short sleeves and add the armwarmers then either roll them up mid run, push them down or take them off completely and tuck them in my waistband. Big recommendation!
  • Headsweats Earband, mine is customized with the Phabulous Phat Girlz logo on it. But it is a great winter accessory. It keeps my ears warm until they warm up. Then if I need to I just pull it down and let it ride on my neck. If I get too hot then I wrap it around my wrist.
  • Gloves, Eeek I lost one! I had an awesome pair of Adidas ones that my husband bought me Christmas 2088 but I just lost one this month. So I'm on the hunt for a new pair. Any suggestions? I want lightweight as my hands get warm pretty quickly. And I'm looking for a  pair that clips together or something so I'm less likely to lose one. My old pair had a clip on it.
Warm Weather:
  • Sunscreen! I don't really have a preference as long as it is spray on and sweatproof. But it is a must for this pale girl!
  • Hat, I'm in the market for a new hat. I have been looking at the Brooks Nightlife Mesh Cap but I have yet to purchase it. I really want the new Oiselle hat but it is not being sold yet. It is only out to their athletes.
  • Handana, if you read my blog regularly (I know very few people do!) you may have already seen my review on Handana. If you have not, you can see it here. But it's great for snot, sweat, blood or whatever else you need to wipe off.
Year Round:
  • RoadID, I never leave on a run or walk with out it! Click on the banner above or in the sidebar to get one.
  • Soleus GPS 2.0, I can't tell you how much I love my watch. It's so easy to use the GPS is so accurate. It is one of the best running birthday gifts I have ever received.
  • Locklaces, the fastest and easiest way to get your shoes tied. 
  • Amphipod Hyrdoform Handheld Pocket, I use this on any run when I need to use a gel, any run longer than eight miles or any warm weather run. The pocket works great for a gel, keys, lip balm, just about anything. And I love the way the bottle is formed to fit your hand. It took me a few runs to get used to it but now I feel sort of naked without it.
  • Amphipod AirFlow Microstrecth Belt, depends on distance, race and shorts whether I wear this or not but it's a good belt. Because it's stretchy it very rarely rides. I can store gels, my phone or keys in it.
  • Body Glide, never ever go on a run without it! I use it on my inner thighs, my bootie, under my sports bra band and on my toes. It has saved me from so much pain.
  • Brooks Ravenna 3, I know Brooks has come out with Ravenna 4 but happened after I bought my second pair of 3s. I will buy 4s the next time around probably but I love these shoes. I have never had a problem with any of my Brooks shoes. I'm a huge fan.
Did I miss anything? Have any suggestions for me?

Have a great week. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've never owned a Brooks hat before but I'm a huge fan of everything else of theirs I have tried. I haven't found a hat I truly love since I threw away my disgusting white Adidas one last summer. I like the idea of the orange and white Brooks one though because it makes me more visible to cars while I am training and to my husband while I am racing.

      Delete