What a scary day in Boston yesterday. I had multiple friends running the Boston Marathon yesterday but it really hit home when I talked to my current training buddy yesterday evening. He told me that two years ago when he ran the Boston Marathon his wife was standing in almost the exact spot of the first explosion and that he wouldn't have finished the race because he was not having a good race. They would have diverted or stopped him completely from running, and it would have been just a minute or so after the blast that he would have reached that spot. I can't even fathom the thought of what racers, families and spectators are going through.
I'll probably never run the Boston Marathon. I don't have any desire to run a full marathon at this point in my life. But I can run in their honor. So today I set out on a run in honor of those in Boston. I ran 4.09 miles because that is what the marathon clock read when the first explosion occurred.
I have no other words to express how I feel about the events that took place in Boston. I have only been to Boston once but it holds such a special place in my heart. My husband went to seminary outside Boston so it was a great joy for him to take me there on vacation. I'm so sad for the city, the families and the runners.
God Bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment