Monday, April 15, 2013

Praying for Boston

I can't begin to express the sadness I feel about today's events in Boston. What an amazing day that was turned so quickly into a tragic one. I am a runner and I will probably never run Boston, but I have friends that have run it. And I even had friends there this year. But that means nothing. I don't need to know any of the runners to tell you how hurt I am. It makes my heart ache to think about the lives that were lost because of this tragedy.

As I prepare for my next big race in 13 days I never thought I would have this looming in the back of my mind. I find myself praying while I run and I always pray for my safety and those running alongside of me. But now that prayer will seem even more warranted. That prayer will seem even more deep.

Please pray for the families and runners affected. Pray for the city of Boston and it's officials. Pray for our country and our officials. PRAY. 

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment